Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MyGlam: March 2012

I received my MyGlam two days earlier than expected! Granted, MyGlam ruins the surprise of the bag with 20 million reveals beforehand so it is a bit hard to not peek at the contents before hand.

Don't know what MyGlam is? MyGlam is a once a month beauty subscription service that delivers premium beauty samples to your door. The creator of MyGlam, Michelle Phan, is a YouTube beauty expert that wants to share her favorite items with the world. The bags are delivered in the cutest reusable beauty bags. Once you join you will take a beauty/preference quiz that will help the girls choose the best products for you. The products range from beauty, skincare, hair, body, nails, and more. Every month you should also expect to receive full-sized products. MyGlam costs $10 a month, and your bag will always be valued above!
Click here to join MyGlam.

March 2012, Say Goodbye to Winter!
This month's bag is all about saying goodbye to winter and the skin woes that go along with the dry air. The products are to help repair and restore your skin and hair just in time for a bright and dewy spring! Last month a few bloggers went to MyGlam headquarters to help give feedback on what they are doing right and wrong. As many of you know, the MyGlam facebook is always in constant uproar. Complaint after complaint and a lot of negativity. I understand where it comes from, but it is soo much! I feel anxious when I am on their page! The girls talked about improving the quality of the brands and the products. Obviously, this bag was already planned by the time they visited, but the bags just keep getting meh and meh-er. 

Information Card:


Products:
Keracolor: Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment in Natural
This leave-in treatment is especially designed to enhance, protect, strengthen, and hydrate all hair types.
Full Size: 5.5oz ($38.00)
Size Received: 0.17oz ($1.17)
I've never heard of this brand before, and I know a lot of hair products (used to work in an upscale hair salon). It seems like the internet also doesn't know it well, as the company is mostly associated with MyGlam. Keracolor is a company that only sells color enhancing leave-in treatments; they have different colors, as well as the Natural that I received. The treatment is formulated to magnify your natural hair color while nourishing and restoring the dimensional highlights in your hair. The product works by depositing color on the hair shaft, that lasts until you re-shampoo, adding depth and luminosity. It is infused with keratin to strengthen your hair, is enriched with a CET complex to enhance, protect, strengthen, and protect hair. The product is split into two pouches, but you blend once you want to activate the product. I'm a little iffy about using this since I do not color my hair and I like my hair color as is. Who knows how my hair will react to it? I'm already so happy with Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe that I dont need a product to give me that just left the salon feeling.
eta: Many people have been saying that this caused their hair to feel have a chlorine damaged effect, crinkly, and greasy. I will NOT be trying this.

3Lab: Perfect Cleansing Foam 
This creamy concoction cleanses completely without causing dryness or irritation. 
Full Size: 4.4oz ($50.00)
Size Received: 3.4oz ($38.64)
This is the product that I wanted to receive but now that Im looking at the ingredients and the description I'm not too sure if it is for me. Vitamin E microbeads stimulate circulation, green tea extracts purifies, whereas lipids, shea butter, and sodium hyaluronate hydrate leaving a healthy, youthful glow. The first ingredient is Mystiric Acid which is found in palm/coconut oils and helps to moisturize and hydrate. Im not quite sure I need THAT much moisture! I can just picture using this and breaking out like mad. Do I really want to apply shea butter on my face? The website does say it works for all skin types, but Im so scared to try it out. Has anyone tried this product? Thoughts?
One thing I have to add, it says on the side of the bottle 'Official BeautyFix Selection.' Almost like the DermStore sold all of the samples found in this bad to MyGlam for super cheap. Not cool.

MuradEye Lift Perfector
Increase skin's firmness by 50% as in as little as 15 minutes. Firming and luminating complexes address dark circles, both instantly and long-term. 
Full Size: 0.06oz ($35.00)
Size Received: 0.015oz ($8.75)
There was no description of the product on the little info card, thanks MyGlam. I used the description on the MyGlam website. I received a Murad product in my BeautyFix Season 13 Kit (Absolute Bronzing Boost) and absolutely love the product! However TEEENY this sample may be it is 1/4 of the full-size product. But the full-size has a controlled pen tip that doesn't make you waste any product. Either way this will be enough for 3-4 uses and hopefully I can get a feel for the product. I'll store it in a airtight bag as to not waste any drop!  This is a tinted concealer that hides flaws while perfecting skin tone that lifts, hydrates, and depuffs while minimizing dark circles. It has a lot of great reviews and people are raving that it stops make-up from looking cake-like and hides dark circles better than a heavy concealer.
eta: Ugh. No luck, it was the exact same color as my skin, so it did not work to conceal.

Pur-lissePur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
This moisturizer delivers reliable broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection plus rich hydration thanks to a couple of exclusive complexes, vitamin E, soy protein, and calming antioxidant white team. Skin is left calm and smooth.
Full Size: 1.7oz ($55.00)
Size Received: 0.14oz ($4.53)
Again, no description on the card... I really like the pur-lisse company philosophy and ingredients. All products are vegan and cruelty-free and they use natural plant, vitamin, and peptide extracts in their products. The moisturizer contains lupine peptides that nourish skin, blue lotus flower that is used for detoxifying skin, white tea to destress and repair damage, soy proteins that help skin retain moisture and produce collagen and elastin, and seasilk that reduces fine lines and firms. Whew! Plus it apparently is light-weight and absorbs quickly. I love that it is a middle of the road SPF. I don't want to stay white, I just want to be protected. But for such an expensive moisturizer, Im not very likely to buy even if I like it.
eta: eh, I used it tonight. It felt very greasy and heavy. My skin still feels greasy to the touch. It felt like sunscreen when applying and how it absorbed. I would not use this moisturizer again.

DermStore$25 off purchase of $50 or more
Once again, MyGlam marketed this as a gift card. If there is a minimum purchase it is not a gift card!!! You enter it in the coupon box not the giftcard box. It really irritates me that they think this is considered a deluxe sample. Im not asking to sample a beauty website, I want to sample products! The whole point is to pay my monthly fee and get the samples, not have to shell out even more. After all that, Im still going to use it. I received the same coupon with my BeautyFix subscription and I already used it. The store is slow and glitchy, but they do have a ton of products. As mentioned, I may buy another Murad product, or maybe Ill buy some essie or butter London nail polishes.

MyGlamClassic Crease Brush & Case
Well this smells awful. It smells like it was manufactured the day before they sent it off in a sealed bag. You know that chemical, fake leather smell. The case is magnetic, which is kind of nice. The brush is HUGE for being a crease brush. I mean it feels like a pretty nice brush and it is very soft. I also confirmed with MyGlam that the brush is synthetic. MyGlam representatives did not know what they were talking about. I did a 'hair' test and it smelled and burned like animal hair. THIS IS FROM ANIMAL HAIR! From the giant case it seems like there will be more brushes to come in the future... I like the idea of including brushes, but their own brand? So weird. Again, I want to sample products that I can re buy in the future!



Total Value of my March MyGlam bag: $53.09 + (coupon and brush/case)
It may have a good value, but most of it is the cleanser that Im unsure about...
Im very close to canceling and may do so before the April bag ships. I feel the MyGlam bags are not what I expected and the multiple DermStore, Guthy-Renker themes of the bags makes me wonder how they are choosing products.

What do you think of the March MyGlam? Are you satisfied with the products and samples? Have you tried the 3Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam? Let me know in the comments below! If you dont get MyGlam and are interested, click here to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...