Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Beauty Army: March 2012

Now in their third month, Beauty Army has set up an awesome 'badge program.' The badges include a referral program (3 friends = 1 free month), discounts in their store (5 surveys = 15% coupon for their store), and membership bonuses (every 3 months = $10 off a purchase of $50 or more). The coupons expire a month after they are issued. All around pretty awesome!

Don't know what Beauty Army is? Beauty Army is a once a month beauty subscription service that delivers a GORGEOUS kit of premium beauty samples to your door. So how is it different from any of the other services out there? Well you get to CHOOSE your samples. Each month based on your preferences (long, thoughtful style quiz that can be changed at any time) you will receive 9 products to choose from. From those you get to pick 6. The products this month ranged from beauty, skincare, hair, body, and more. Some of the products you can choose from are full-size items. Beauty Army costs $12 a month, and your kit will always be valued way above!
Click here to join Beauty Army.

March 2012
I was very excited for March 1st to come around so that I could select my March Beauty Army samples. Sadly, I was very, very disappointed in the selection. There was many repeat products and brands, ALL skincare (no hair, nail, or makeup),  and a few samples that I've already received with different services. When I retook the style quiz I kept getting the same products over and over, no matter how much I changed my profile! Im fine with skincare, but don't offer me 4 moisturizers and 3 sunscreens  and little to no other options! I was very close to closing my account, but I talked to customer service and they were able to help me pick products I was interested in. But even so Im not over the top excited about my samples like I have been in the past.


Information Card:


Products:
Babor: Anti-Stress Anti-Jetlag Cream
Bon voyage tired looking skin! Rebalance sensitive and irritated skin with this natural active moisturizer.
Full Size: 1.7oz ($72.00)
Size Received: 0.5oz ($21.18)
This is a really nice sample, it is a glass jar! It feels very luxurious. The cream itself is a very lightweight, thin cream that smells nice (it reminds me of the lotion my mom wears, so I especially like the smell). Stress, lack of sleep, and long journeys to relieve irritate skin. It relieves it by calming the skin, restoring the skin's balance, strengthen skin barrier function, maintaining natural defense mechanisms of skin, and soothes redness. This cream includes natural anti-stress relievers, such as: ginger, chamomile, and peptides. It provides 24 hour protection. Since I am always stressed and never get sleep this is the perfect cream for me!  Even just swatching this on my hand made my hand feel cool and relaxed. This can be applied morning and evening after cleansing. I'll report back on my findings!


Control Corrective: Redness Relief Serum
This botanical-based serum hydrates and provides relief to redness prone skin. Goodbye sensitive or rosacia prone skin, hello relief!
Full Size: 1oz ($48.00)
Size Received: 0.1oz ($4.80)
I did not have any luck with the Control Corrective  moisturizer I tried last month, but this serum is solely for redness relief. It uses botanical extracts plus skin-balancing vitamins to reduce 'trans epidermal water loss,' which helps to strengthen and balance the skin. It says to keep this cold in the refrigerator for the best results, which is a great idea! Extra soothing and cooling on my poor red, splotchy skin. I desperately need any relief and nothing has worked to reduce my redness, so maybe this will be the ticket! The serum can be used twice a day under moisturizer. I'll update you with any results.

M.A.D. Skincare: Redness Rescue
Eliminate redness with one application of this gentle, beautiful smelling and cooling lotion.
Full Size: 1oz ($32.00)
Size Received: 0.13oz ($4.16)
See a trend? I recently received many M.A.D. Skincare samples for free, but this one was not part of my free sample kit. This isn't really a lotion, but it is a blue colored gel. The lightweight gel allows skin to feel calmed without being greasy. The formula includes water lilly extract, soothing peptide complex, oat derived extract, and hyaluronic acid, which are all used to minimize redness and reduce discomfort. Im really excited about this one. It is definitely cool to the touch on my skin. It can be used day or night. I used it last night before bed and I am happy to report that my redness was waaay down!! Im so excited. I wonder if it will completely eliminate it if I use it regularly! Hope!


Mama Mio Skincare: Shrink to Fit Cellulite Cream
An incredibly effective cellulite-blasting serum set in a richly moisturizing cream. Double whammy; smooth 'orange peel-free' legs wrapped in soft, toned, nourished, FIT skin.
Full Size: 3.4oz ($56.00)
Size Received: 1.7oz ($28.00)
What a generous size sample! I received a cellulite cream sample from Vichy as part of a trade, but then when I saw the packet size, there is no way I'd ever see results even if it worked! This is more than enough to test it out and to see if it really will zap away my cellulite. I must say I have very little cellulite, but no matter how in shape I get there is a patch that won't go away! Once I completely finish the Strivectin-SD's stretch mark cream from last month I will be taking this for a test drive. The package says to effectively remove cellulite you need to kickstart the circulation; this is packed with cellulite busters, circulation stimulators, and antioxidants. It looks like the formula includes: caffeine, horsetail quinoa, and seaweed extract (plus their TM fat reducer products). It's funny because Mama Mio even warns users that this is not a one hit wonder, you have to stick with it to see results. I'm terrible at remembering to apply/take anything consistently, but hopefully Ill remember!

Cover FX: Eye Prep
Eye primer for concealer, foundation, and eye shadow application. Instantly smooth fine lines and creases to enhance color blending.
Full Size: 0.67oz ($43.00)
Size Received: 0.16oz ($10.27)
I have a few fine lines around my eyes, but what I really got this for was to eliminate creases and create an even layer for applying my concealer. I have a lot of trouble with my concealer applying smoothly, ever crease and dry spot is just accentuated. The bottle also states that it helps to reduce inflammation, under eye darkness, wrinkles, and puffiness. Now it has a lot to live up to! The primer is a lightweight, white cream that applies with the same consistency and texture as a moisturizer. This is a pretty good sized sample to try it out. But the bottle is deciving and there is only a quarter of it full. To think it is a fourth of the full-size product, not sure I'd spend $40 on so little primer!
eta: It works pretty well to eliminate creases and not let my makeup sink into any lines. I feel my eye makeup looks better than it has in months! 


Babor: Cleansing Duo (HY-OL & Phytoactive Base)
A unique cleansing duo. Removes impurities throughly while gently moisturizing your skin with these unique 2-step cleansers.
Full Size: 2 bottles (HY-OL 6.8oz and Phyto 3.4oz)  ($60.00)
Size Received: 2 bottles each 0.34oz ($4.00)
I chose another Babor product since Im always looking for new cleansing products. This is a two step cleansing method. First you apply the HY-OL cleanser which is a hydrophilic (water loving) plant-based cleansing oil that is suitable for all skin types. Water soluble cleansing oil will leave no oily residue and removes all oil and water soluble impurities without irritating sensitive skin or causing any tightness. The Phytoactive Base is used in conjunction and helps to invigorate and refresh dry skin. The company makes different phytoactive bases depending on your skin type (normal, sensitive, combination, and reactivating). You apply 4 'pumps' of the HY-OL and then on top add 2 'pumps' of the base. Then massage into skin until a milky emulsion forms and then rinse off with cool water. It's a bit odd that the formula isn't combined, but there must be a reason. The system has some great reviews from people who have dry/acne prone skin. Which seems to be my skin! I have dry skin and acne all within my T-zone. So I'm excited to try this one out.


Total Value of my March 2012 Kit: $72.41
Now that I've taken time to look at the products, reviews, and how-tos I am more excited than I was initially! These products may not be the most exciting, but they are all targeted towards my major skin problems. Im hoping one or more will be the answer I'm looking for!


What do you think of the products I selected? Have you tried any of them? What did you select in your Beauty Army kit? Let me know in the comments below!
If you don't get Beauty Army, click here to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...