Friday, March 9, 2012

Favorite Music Friday: Lisa Mitchell

Spring is in the air! At least here in Washington DC. We've had our ups and downs of crazy weather this winter, but the last few days have been in the high 60s! Unfortunately for me I've had very little time to enjoy it, but I do have spring fever. Time to put my ear buds in and listen to fun, sweet music while I enjoy the warm breeze.

Lisa Mitchell has that sweet, soft voice that brightens your day. Lisa is an Australian singer-songwriter that rose to her fame through Australian Idol (season 4). When I think of American Idol, I tend to think very straight forward pop, rock, or country music. But Lisa Mitchell is a little folky, a little pop, and a lot sweet. When she was on Australian Idol she was a 16 year old school girl that had a lot of potential, but holy crap has her voice grown. Since her time on Idol she has released her debut album, Wonder, which led to multiple Australian music award nominations and a few wins (APRA, ARIA, Australian Music Prize). But what she has not lost is her whimsy.

And here is a taste of Lisa and her video for the song 'Coin Laundry.'
Happy weekend! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...