Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Look of the Day: 70s Inspired Floral

This post marks the first Look of the Day (LOTD) post!  Random goodness of budget-friendly fashion/jewelry of the day and maybe even makeup. I may even include a little bit about where/when I wore it.
---

When I got home to Chicago I was expecting the weather to only hit the high 60s, but we have had some lovely, warm days. I decided to wear my new button-up 70s inspired floral dress to celebrate the warm weather. I got this dress a few months ago from Forever 21. I loved the bright, large floral print against the warm brown. I love that it commands attention yet doesn't require much effort! I paired it with a Twisted Orchid purse I won last month from Eugenia's blog! I got to pick any purse from the Twisted Orchid purse and I fell immediately in love with the slingbak backpacks! You can wear it as a backpack, slung on one shoulder, as a large hobo, or even across your back! It is so roomy and goes with everything! I cannot get enough of it.

dress: Forever 21
sandals: Steve Madden

I wore this outfit out to lunch with my mom and sister. We went to Thanks Jordan Raw Vegan Cafe of Lockport, IL. If you aren't familiar with raw veganism it is a diet that excludes cooking anything above 118 degrees fahrenheit. Many people eat raw because they believe cooking destroys the balance of nutrients and there may be chemicals created due to the heating process. This restaurant is an interesting concept in the fact that it is run 100% by volunteers. All proceeds are donated to the Thanks Jordan foundation which benefits children battling life-threatening illnesses. It was one of my first experiences with raw food and I can say it was amazing and filling! I'd definitely go back!

I had the taco salad (the meat was made of almonds!).

My sister had mushroom alfredo that was made with zucchini shreds as pasta. It was so good! Even though it was cold!

Lastly, my mom had dill covered bagels with a mixed salad and a fruit salad. She loved the salads, but thought the dill topping was just okay. 

Warm weather, good food and company, what's not to love? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...