Friday, May 11, 2012

Favorite Music Friday: New Radicals

How is already Friday? I still can't believe it is May so maybe I just need to accept that time does not stand still! I am officially home! It is so great to be home, but I don't feel like I can relax until I find out how I did on my finals and if I passed my graduation exam! Hopefully soon since graduation is in less than two weeks. Graduation means dress shopping! Today I came home with my graduation dress! After spending countless hours avoiding schoolwork looking for a dress, it took me 20mins in H&M! I'll just say it is white, lace, and has a peplum skirt. Im in love. 

Graduation may mean that I am moving forward to a new part of my life, but while in the changing rooms of H&M I had a blast from the past. New Radical's 'Mother We Just Can't Get Enough' came on. I heard this song for the first time in A Walk To Remember. Yes, the movie with Shane West and Mandy Moore. I was the BIGGEST fan ever. I waited for 6 hours to meet Mandy Moore (she left when I was maybe 20 feet from her!) and I was voted 'Most Likely To Marry Shane West' in 8th grade, so you see what I mean. The soundtrack was such an amazing blend of artists, including the New Radicals. 

New Radicals was an American band active in the late 90s formed by Greg Alexander. There was no other permanent members other than he; band members would only help out for a few songs and move on. Sadly they have only one album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too. They broke up in 1999 after Alexander said that the life on the road and promoting music was just not for him. In that one year their first single 'You Get What You Give' became a crazy hit! If you hear it you'll have an ahh now I remember monent. All I can say about their sound is its 90's pop rock, sitting on the beach or road trip kind of music. It is fun and seems to always bring up my spirits. It's too bad that they broke up.

This week's pick is a very cute love song. It has such an upbeat, get up and dance quality to it. I love when singers belt it out. This band is considered a one hit wonder, but I think 'Mother, We Just Can't Get Enough' is a hit all on its own!

I hope you enjoy this oldie! Happy weekend!


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I saw this and thought of you! Look at the last one!!! Its representing your blog!!! : )http://www.sfgirlbybay.com/2012/05/11/banner-banter/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks for thinking of me!! It reminds me that I need to make a nicer banner than the one I have, ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, did you look at it? Its not sketchy!!! Its a little banner! : (

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...