Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big News

I first want to apologize that I haven't been posting much. Life has gotten the best of me.

I have very good news to share with you all. I just landed my big girl job! This girl will no longer be a slave to retail, and I'll be starting my real career!! The job also means that I'll be moving to Louisville, Kentucky!
I'm very excited. Louisville seems like it is pretty vegan-friendly, lots of running paths and parks, decent cost of living, and it is only a 4.5 hour drive from my home!

I start August 1st. Which means I have exactly one month to finish up my two weeks at my current job, find an apartment, buy a car, and move. On Wenesday I will be moving in with my Aunt (who lives in DC) for the time being. Hopefully once my life is officially packed up I'll be better able to wrap my head around all that I've got to do. The good news is I have sold almost all of my furniture so I can start fresh and not have to worry about a costly move!

This does mean that I may not post much in the next month. I won't say a hiatus, but Mes Joies De Vivre is going to be on the backburner for the next few months. I plan to still post about all my subscription boxes (Birchbox, Goodebox, Green Grab Bag?) and a few other posts here and there.

I hope once I get settled in I'll be back full force!
Cheers!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations. Well obviously, you already know that I live in Louisville. So if you need any help with anything, you can just let me know. My email is: becarr50@gmail.com I definitely know of good places to run + a couple vegan restaurants + where to live/where not to live + where to buy the cheapest gas. Haha. Anyhow, congratulations again and good luck with the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!! Check your inbox ;) I'm already taking up your offer!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I am so happy for you! And so jealous, I love the south in general, you will have a blast living there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hopefully I like it too! I've only been to Louisville for the interview and a few times when I was little. It will be a whole new adventure!

      Delete
  3. Congrats, so so SO exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe its happened so quickly!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, I hope you are enjoying Louisville! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am! It's always exciting to explore a new city :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...