Friday, June 22, 2012

Favorite Music Friday: Beatriz Luengo

Summer is officially here in DC. The new season brought in temperatures above 100F. All I want to do is run off to a pool and drink frozen margaritas as if they were water. In all actuality, I spent most of the day working and then walking around the city with a broken flip flop... Now that I am home I can enjoy the AC, put my feet up, and enjoy some summer music. This week's Favorite Music Friday pick is a perfect summer beach song.

Beatriz Luengo is a Spanish actress turned musician. Well her early career was performing on TV and in Spanish musicals, but she became famous starring in Spanish soap operas. Apparently the most famous one is Un Paso Adelante, a adolescent program about a performing arts school. The tv show had a spin off music group called UPA Dance. The music is not my type at all, and the music videos are quite interested. I don't see how this show was for adolescents. In one video one of the dancers is dry humping one of the guys in the group! But she released her debut solo album in 2005. It wasn't until her third album, Bela y Sus Moskitas Muertas that she became known in the United States.

I really only know one song of hers. But I can't get enough of it. I don't really speak Spanish, but I pretend to shout out the lyrics to Como Tu No Hay 2. It is an adorable little love song telling her man that she needs nobody but him because there is no one like him. The song has topped charts all over the world and the video has won a few awards. I hope you like it as much as I do! I smile every time Beatriz smiles! Especially when she comes out in her wardrobe change at 2:13. Now I want pink tights.

If you want to skip the music video intro, skip to 0:55 for the start of the song.

Enjoy and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...