Friday, July 6, 2012

Free Target 'Beauty For Every Body' Summer 2012 Sample Bag!

Every few months Target offers a free beauty bag! I saw on my facebook newsfeed that the summer bag was going to be released last month and got ready to click away. Like last time it took a few tries to get the facebook app to successfully process. I expected the bag to ship mid-July so I put down my new address. Nope, this baby was shipped only two and half weeks after I signed up. And here we have my FREE Target Beauty For Every Body Summer Beauty Bag.

Inside the cute blue patterned linen bag was:
  • Aveeno daily detoxifying scrub (1.0oz)
  • Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70 (1.0oz)
  • TRESemmé Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner (1.0oz each)
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait (swatch)
  • Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo and Conditioner (satchels)
  • Book of beauty coupons

Okay Sarah why in the world did you sign up for the Target sample bag if last time you complained that the majority of the products were tested on animals? Well the facebook advertisement showed a canister of Revlon's Colorblast Lip Butter. Revlon is a cruelty-free drugstore brand, so I was giddy thinking I'd receive a full-size or at least a pint sized lip butter. Sadly the contents are just a swatch pad. I haven't even used the swatch yet since I dont want to waste it when Im not going somewhere special. But I am still really excited at the prospects of getting to try the infamous lip butters.

As I discussed in a previous post, Aveeno although marketed to be natural is made by Johnson & Johnson one of the biggest animal testing companies. So although I love trying out scrubs (and this one smells amazing) I'll have to pass this one along. Neutragena is another company that is owned by Johnson & Johnson, so the sunblock is no bueno either. Garnier is part of L'Oreal which test on animals. And while researching for this post I found out Garnier is sticky with human rights too (would not hire woman of color, link and sell toxic shampoos to children, link).

The good news is that with a little research it looks like TRESemmé is a cruelty-free company! If I hadn't signed up for this bag I'd have never found that out. On full-size bottles it is printed right on the bottle! The samples I received are split end remedy shampoo and conditioner. I have such thin hair that split ends are inedible when I grow my hair out. I look forward to trying these out and cannot get enough of the green apple-ish scent!

Maybe the best part of the bag was the coupon book. This time there was a coupon for $3 off Revlon and $2 Pixi! Next time I head to Target I better not forget my coupons!

Make sure you like Target Style's facebook page so you find out when the next beauty bag sign-up begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...