Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Goodebox: November 2012

My blog is officially a year old! It's crazy how much life has changed in just a year!

What is Goodebox?
Goodebox is a monthly subscription service that delivers trial size healthy, eco-conscious, natural beauty and personal care products. Each month you will receive 6 or more products customized for you. The brands and products that Goodebox send out have been thoroughly evaluated upon the brand's use of non-toxic, natural ingredients that respect earth, animals, and humanity. The samples will range from make-up, skincare, body, fragrances, and some lifestyle and wellness products. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked are based on a very detailed, thorough survey that even lets you indicate color preferences, any allergies, vegan, sensitivities, etc. Goodebox costs $16 a month, but the value of your box will be way above!
Click here to join Goodebox.

November 2012, Curated by Anna Getty
Goodebox featured products that would help us get through the holidays looking, feeling, and smelling great! Anna Getty was the guest expert this month, who is an author and blogger where she focuses on healthy, more holistic pregnancy and motherhood. 

Information Cards:

Products:
Pure Matters: Chocolate Pea Protein
Fuel up the healthy way with this rich, chocolaty protein derived from Non-GMO yellow peas, an ideal protein source for vegans or those with allergy-related dietary concerns. Providing 25 grams of protein and only 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving. 
Full Size: 2.37 lbs ($39.95)
Size Received: 0.077 lb ($1.30)
My trainer last year always recommended protein shakes for after a good workout session. They are chock full of protein and all sorts of amino acids. There is a period after your workout that your body is craving protein and all the amino acids for proper recovery and growth. So you may be getting your cardio on, but without proper protein intake you won't be burning as much fat or gaining as much muscle as you could be! I haven't tried this out yet, but I heard good reviews. The chocolate shakes I've tried are chalky, taste gross, or don't mix well. The reviews all say that this stuff is delicious. I'm excited to try it out after my next run!
Cruelty-free!

Simple Sugars: Sugar n' Spice Body Scrub
Tickle your senses and smooth out rough, dry winter skin with this decadent sugar scrub. Limited edition seasonal scents, these special blends of nourishing, moisturizing oils & pure cane sugar are truly a treat.
Full Size: 8 oz ($15.95)
Size Received: 2 oz ($3.99)
I don't use body scrubs too often, but when I do I like them to smell delicious. This smells like spice chai and sugar cookies, yum! What I like about this body scrub is the scrub itself is rather fine. It is as fine as normal cane sugar. It doesn't feel as rough as others I've tried. It left my skin feeling soft, smooth, and nourished.
Cruelty-free!

Pacifica: Color Quench Lip Tint in Blood Orange
All natural formula packs major moisture, nourishing naturals & gorgeous, sheer color into one perfectly portable, 100% recyclable tube. Essential fatty acids from avocado & coconut oils leave lips luscious & healthy. Natural flavor & perfect shades for truly kissable lips.
Full Size: .25 oz ($9.00)
Size Received: Full-size included! .25 oz ($9.00)
The minute I got this box I immediately tried this on. This is a fat stick style lip tint in a lovely pinkish-orange. The tint is sheer/subtle enough to be an every day lip color. I can wear it to work or while doing errands and not feel silly. Plus, I never have to worry about precise application, I can just zip it on without looking. Not only is the color great, but it is highly moisturizing. I keep this in my purse at all times and if I saw this in a store I would be highly tempted to buy more colors.
Cruelty-free!


Tay Everyday: Sunflower & Grape Revitalizing Cleanser
Spa-strength facial cleanser doesn't strip skin dry but nourishes it with anti-aging antioxidants while simultaneously removing dirt and impurities to maintain skin's natural oils. Apply to wet face and massage for 1-2 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Full Size: 4.23 oz ($28.00)
Size Received: .1 oz ?? ($0.66)
This is a really creamy cleanser, at first I thought it was a lotion. But this is a soap-free cleanser with  sunflower and grape to help protect your skin from the sun and even out skin tone.  I am guilty of over exfoliating, so it is nice to have a moisturizing cleanser. I used it the other day in the shower with my cleansing brush and was pretty happy. It wasn't very sudsy, which makes sense because its soap-free, but my skin felt clean and still hydrated.
Cruelty-free!

Sweet Libertine Cosmetics: Mineral Eyeshadow in Blue Emperor Dragonfly
Non-nanoparticle formulations are free of fillers, additives, irritants, dyes, talc & preservatives. Provides full coverage & full spectrum sun protection.
Full Size: 9 g ($7.00)
Size Received: 1 g ?? ($
$0.77)Organic, mineral eyeshadows that are also decently priced? Yes, please! This eyeshadow came boxed up so it was a fun surprise seeing what color I got. Sweet Libertine has every color under the sun. I don't know how I'd pick if I do decide to buy. The shade I received is from a special collection and is a gorgeous blue, green with grey undertones. I wore this to a Super Bowl party on Sunday. It had great staying power, wasn't too flashy, and the color was just incredible. I'm very happy and really thinking about trying out Sweet Libertine's sample program. You get two of their most popular colors if you mail in a self-addressed and stamped envelope. Mighty worth the 43 cents!
Cruelty-free!

Original Moxie: Shape Shifter Re-forming Cream
An elasticizing and moisturizing cream gel for thick, straight hair that needs more wave and thick, curly or kinky hair that needs more stretch. Lengthen & "de-poof" curls or add pliability & wave, to thick, straight hair. Also deep conditions, detangles, & smooths along the way.
Full Size: 12 oz ($24.00)
Size Received: 1 oz ($2.00)
Uh Goodebox, I'm pretty sure I dont have thick hair... My hair is limp and thin. I'm pretty sure this cream would weigh my hair down in an instant. But for my friends with thick, curly hair this would be a perfect cream for every day maintenance.
Cruelty-free!


Original Moxie: Everyday Leave-In Detangling Conditioner
A creamy detangling conditioner for normal to dry and medium to thick hair, to leave in or rinse out. Shea Butter & Pumpkin Seed Oil provide Essential Fatty Acids and Vitamins and help to tone the hair and scalp, while dissolving knots and providing lasting moisture & sheen.
Full Size: 8 oz ($17.00)
Size Received: 1 oz ($2.13)
I'm still not sure that this product is best for me, but in winter I do really need extra conditioning. Using this stuff once a week will help keep my hair detangled, soft, silky, and my scalp moisturized. I am pretty sure that my hair couldn't handle it being left in, but I'll use as a deep conditioning treatment that I wash out after 5 mins.
Cruelty-free!

Total value of my November 2012 Goodebox:$19.85
It may be a low value, but there were so many awesome new brands and products to try! I love when a box is so varied and I get to try out all sorts of types of products. Makeup, skincare, wellness! Great job Goodebox!

What do you think of my November Goodebox? What did you get in yours? Have you tried any of the products I received? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...