Monday, February 25, 2013

Goodebox: December 2012

Last subscription box of 2012! Here's to the new year and exploring new products!

What is Goodebox?
Goodebox is a monthly subscription service that delivers trial size healthy, eco-conscious, natural beauty and personal care products. Each month you will receive 6 or more products customized for you. The brands and products that Goodebox send out have been thoroughly evaluated upon the brand's use of non-toxic, natural ingredients that respect earth, animals, and humanity. The samples will range from make-up, skincare, body, fragrances, and some lifestyle and wellness products. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked are based on a very detailed, thorough survey that even lets you indicate color preferences, any allergies, vegan, sensitivities, etc. Goodebox costs $16 a month, but the value of your box will be way above!
Click here to join Goodebox.

December 2012, Curated by Sophie Uliano
Goodebox is in the process of alterring their shipping schedule, so December's box is technically a box themed around the new year (aka January). This month's box was curated by Sophie Uliano, a green and healthy living New York Times Best Selling author. The new year means resolutions and for Goodebox a new or healthier anti-aging regime!
For me, my beauty new years resolution is to stay on top of my routine. I constantly try out a product once or twice, love it, but forget to re-apply as often as prescribed. I feel like I lose out on many of the benefits. I am somewhat concerned about aging and I know I should try harder to keep up with the awesome products I already own!

Information Cards:


Products:
me & the girls: Bar Beleza Multi-Use Beauty Bar
Rich in luxurious cupuacu seed butter, unique Bar Beleza performs as a light non-greasy day moisturizer, a nourishing non-foaming oil cleanser, and a perfect all-in-one facial primer and conditioner. Promotes natural elasticity and restores suppleness for all skin types.
Full Size: 1.5 oz ($38.00)
Size Received: 0.15 oz ?? ($3.80)
A bar that can be used as a cleanser and a moisturizer!? I don't get it! This bar uses cupuacu seed butter, which is a tropical Rainforest tree that is a cousin of the cacao tree. The bar itself melts easily, which is good because the second it touches your skin it is workable as a cleanser or a moisturizer. For either you rub the bar directly onto your face. The oils will cling to dirt on your face making it easy to remove with a warm, wet washcloth. And if you leave it on it can be used as a moisturizer. I wasn't buying that it was non-greasy, but it really is. It absorbs in seconds, made my skin feel so smooth and conditioned. This would be the perfect bar to have for vacations. Primer, cleanser, and moisturizer all in one package. Pretty sweet!
Cruelty-free!


Blissoma: Amend Facial Solar Repair Anti-Aging Serum
Brand new from Blissoma and you're the first to try it! The ultimate, science-proven, treatment to undo sun damage and protect against further damage. Pomella pomegranate extract, CoQ10 & nutritive oils and herbs work together to reduce UV ray related cell death, fight inflammation & collagen breakdown, increase cell vitality & longevity and support skin's cellular matrix for smoothness, increased elasticity, and wrinkle reduction. Prevention and damage control in a single formula for all skin types, at any age.
Full Size: 1.0 oz ($48.99)
Size Received: 0.125 oz ($6.12)
A brand new product! How excited that we were the first ones to get to try it. This anti-aging serum focuses on protecting your skin from the sun from the inside out. It uses Pomella pomegranate extract that helps to firm skin, increase collagen, and reduce wrinkles. It also is a general all around daily serum that helps moisturize and sooth irritation and environmental stresses. It leaves no shine, absorbs quickly, and can be easily layered under makeup.
Cruelty-free!

Furleese: 11's Frown line Reducing Patches
Relax (or) prevent frown lines & forehead furrows in a gentle, natural, no 'tox, no needle way. Easy to apply, easy to remove. No latex and hypoallergenic. Simply apply the clear patch while you sleep or before a big night out and a few hours later you'll see fewer lines. It's that easy. Apply to clean skin, allowing treatment products to fully absorb before applying.
Full Size: 30 patches ($19.99)
Size Received: 3 patches ($6.00)
I couldn't have gotten a more perfect anti-aging product. The majority of aging signs my skin does show are frown lines. Well, for me they are concentration lines! When I study I tend to scrunch my eyebrows/forehead. 6 years of intense study is starting to show! I cannot wait to try these patches. Furleese has a full line of different types of patches that work in a similar manner to help smooth and soften out fine lines over night. There are so many positive reviews on Amazon, I couldn't believe it!
I tried this out a few nights ago and it instantly made me feel relaxed, I fell asleep better even. In the morning, the patch didn't hurt to remove and I could see that it did smooth out the wrinkles it was under. But a few hours later they had come back. Maybe after multiple wears it will really help, but either way I am impressed!
Cruelty-free!

Best Hair Ties Ever: Hair Tie
For any hair texture, wet or dry. Won't snag or break those precious strands. For women men & kids. Reusable, washable, made from beech wood tree pulp from managed forests & they use minimal, recycled packaging.
Full Size: 4 ties ($6.00)
Size Received: 1 tie ($1.50)
I didn't get too excuted about this hair tie when I first saw it. For one, I use baby hair ties since my hair is so thin and other bigger ones hurt my scalp. I randomly decided to try it out one day and found out it was wonderful! Yeah, I had to wrap it 6-7 times around my hair, but because it was wrapped around so many times it added extra volume to my pony tail! Other larger hair ties hurt my hair and scalp, but this was super comfortable. The rust color I received is different than any that I have.
Cruelty-free!

Suntegrity: "5 in 1" Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen, SPF 30
An all in one, natural 'BB' cream that treats, hydrates, protects, primes, and covers skin. Supercharged with youth promoting antioxidants like red algae, green tea and pomegranate that fight free radical damage, this cream also provides non-nano sized, mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 30 protection, while providing anti-inflammatory benefits that help with rosacea, acne, and melasma.
Full Size: 1.7 oz ($45.00)
Size Received: .25 oz ($6.61)
With the name, I had no idea it was a BB cream! I just assumed it was a fancy sunscreen. Woops, should have read the description. This is a moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, and foundation all in one. Plus it contains antioxidants to help fight sun damage and protect skin from aging. It is an all natural, chemical-free, and vegan formula. Plus aloe vera, cucumber, and green tea are perfect for my sensitive, red skin! I'm wearing this today and I have to say I am impressed. It is the perfect lightweight tinted moisturizer. It feels light, non-greasy, and blended well with my skin tone. I am very pleased and could see trying to buy this if it ever went on sale.
Cruelty-free!

Essence of Vali: Sleep Concentrate
Sleep is critical to health & beauty. Our systems, skin included, do all of their repair work while we snooze. Short yourself REM time and it'll show on your face in more ways than dark circles. A drop of this concentrate on your pillowcase or on a cotton swab tucked inside is all it takes for this potent blend to work it's magic. Like having the Sandman in a bottle.
Full Size: 0.169 oz ($18.00)
Size Received: 0.02 oz (
$2.16)
I don't get much sleep. Ever. I'm lucky if I get 6-7 hours. To make it worse, some nights I just cannot turn my mind off. This sleep concentrate is a highly potent concentration of lavender, marjoram, cedarwood, and ylang ylang essential oils. Just one tiny drop on the outer corner of your pillow and you  will be engulfed in the aroma. I sigh every time I smell it! It helps to relax my body and my senses and prepare for a calmer night. I am loving this stuff!
Cruelty-free!

Tilvee: Pomegranate & Açai Rejuvenating Mask
An innovative dry formula mask customizable for every skin type. Pomegranate & Acai deliver powerful antioxidants to fight free radical damage and aging. Rhassoul clay detoxifies, improves tone, texture, and elasticity while natural enzymes help exfoliate to diminish sunspots and fade pigmentation. Refer to Tilvee website for instructions on what liquid to mix with for greatest benefit to your skin type.
Full Size: 2 oz ($26.99)
Size Received: .25 oz ?? ($3.37)I was excited to see that this is a dry mask, since it means the sample size will last longer! The mix is of freeze dried super fruits that help to soften, smooth, and brighten skin, clay that helps to clean out those pores! Because it is dry it means that you can use any liquid you like to mix with it. The sample came with a cheat sheet with some examples. Oily skin can use fruit juices or honey, normal/dry skin may use avocado, yogurt, mashed fruits, or oils. Red spotty skin can use a mixture of tumeric and honey. Sun spotted skin can use oatmeal, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or mashed papaya. I never thought about using a fruit mash on my skin, so I may just have to try it. It's gonna get messy in my house!
Cruelty-free!

Extra
Nerro & Ana: 50% off Nature Inspired Satin Pillows
Sleeping with your face pressed into a standard cotton pillow isn't doing your skin or hair any favors. Opt for a breathable, multi-tasking, eco-friendly satin pillowcase to gently protect skin, preventing creases from starting or deepening. Made in the USA from a plant cellulose/wood pulp based fabric.
50% sounded like a great deal until I saw how expensive these pillows were! A set is about $60 and a single pillow is about $30. Even with the coupon I couldn't ever dream of spending that much on a pillow.
Cruelty-free!

Total value of my December 2012 Goodebox:$29.56
It may be a lower value, but there were so many awesome new brands and products to try! I love when a box is so varied and I get to try out all sorts of types of products. Makeup, skincare, wellness! Great job Goodebox!

What do you think of my December Goodebox? What did you get in yours? Have you tried any of the products I received? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...