Monday, January 16, 2012

The road to the half marathon begins...

Hello lovelies!


I have exciting news. I have officially registered for my first half marathon!
I will be running the 13.1 mile race on April 28th in Ocean City, Maryland.
The half marathon is called The Island 2 Island Half Marathon.
It seems like it will be a lot of fun, the half begins at the Ocean City boardwalk and wraps around back to the coast of Maryland then back onto Assateague Island National Seashore. The entire way will be close to the water and the race is almost all flat, which I appreciate since it is my first.


I really wanted to run the Rock n Roll Nashville half marathon that was the same weekend, but Nashville round trip plane ticket, transportation around town, hotel, the entry (almost 50 bucks more) would be too much. Maybe next year...


Im also slotted to run the March 17th Irish Sprint 10k that takes place in Quantico, VA. This 10k has a pot-o-gold at the end of the race. Really. I mean really! Every finishers gets a golden ticket that allows them to register for the 2012 Marine Corp's Marathon! Well its gold for runners. Last year all 30,000 spots for the MCM were sold within 28 hours! That is absolutely insane. But I'll have a guaranteed entry! No need to sit around clicking refresh 20x and rushing with my credit card that day registration opens up. Plus, it is the perfect time in my training schedule to run a 10k. All in all win-win.


Currently my body is super sore from my training session this Sunday. My trainer is building workouts that will get my body in tip top runner's shape. So it's well worth the pain and effort. Tomorrow Im going to a physician that is an expert in runner's health. I'm getting an all over check up to make sure I stay injury and pain free during my months of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...