Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birchbox: January 2012

Coming home and finding my Birchbox delivered makes my good days brighter and turns a bad day right...

Don't know what Birchbox is? 
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that delivers a little, heavenly box of premium beauty samples to your doorstep. Each month you will receive 4-5 samples (sometimes even full-size products) and generally a goodie (energy booster, granola bar, etc). The samples range from make-up, polishes, skincare, body, hair, and fragrances. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked for you are based on a survey you fill out letting the gals know your style and skin-type. Birchbox costs just $10 a month, and your box will always be valued way above!
Click here to join Birchbox.

January 2012, Box #1
This month's box is all about clarity. A new year sets a new tone. The products included in the box were to help bring in 2012 with a fresh face and optimistic mood.

Information Cards:





Products:

VMV Hypoallergenics: Re-Everything: Face-Hand-Body Lotion
Simplify your skincare routine with this all-over lotion, which eliminates dryness on both face and body in one fell swoop.
Full Size: 6.3 oz ($45.00)
Size Received: 1 oz ($7.14)
My first thought on this product was the price, $45 for effing lotion!!  Even if I wasn't a student I couldn't justify spending that much on lotion. I use cetaphil moisturizing cream for my body and face and that is good enough for me. It is fragrance-free, which to me translates weird smell. It sort of smells like white clay. The lotion is really amazing, I will give it that. It soaks into your skin in seconds with little to no grease layer. My hands have felt moisturized for hours after putting it on. It says that it is an anti-aging product, so who knows. I may test it on my few teeny stress lines on my forehead. 




ORIGINS: Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
What if your skin has dry patches and oily spots? Alleviate both concerns with this multi-tasking cleanser.
Full Size: 5 oz ($19.50)
Size Received: 1 oz ($3.90)
The given description feels like it was written for me. Annoyingly my nose gets both gross blackheads and dry and flaky. I can't win! I try and remedy the acne and end up with blotchy, red, skin. Im not sure Id call it a frothy face wash. But it smelled nice (slight mint creme) and it left my skin feeling nice and soft. 




stila: Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Peacock
It's time to put down the black eyeliner. This colorful pigment makes eyes stand out and stays put for hours.
Full Size: .01 oz ($20.00)
Size Received: Full-size! .01oz ($20.00)
I've never ever worn any pigmented eyeliner. I've always worn black and that was that. The color is absolutely gorgeous, from my test swatch it really is smudge proof and waterproof. Having blue eyes I think this eye liner will just make my eyes pop and definitely be a little more fun than a normal black. This is my favorite item in this month's box. So glad I got the peacock.



Juicy Couture: Viva La Juicy
This scent will bring out your inner girly girl. Wild berries flirt with mandarin and soft floral notes to create a fragrance that's fun and happy.
Full Size: 1.7oz EDP ($69.00)
Size Received: .05oz EDP (~$2.03)
I would never enter a store and rush over to try this perfume. Although I love floral scents (I own Marc Jacobs Daisy, Daisy Lola, etc) the top notes were not so lovely. But after it warmed up on my skin it was a very nice, soft, and sweet scent. But nothing too special. I did like the hints of jasmine and amber. It was kind of a softer/younger version of Victoria Secret's Angel (guessing the amber). But I like the VS scent better because it packs a bigger punch and is a little more vivacious. This vile won't go to waste though, I'll definitely use it up on days where Im just running errands or am going to class.




Larabar: mini bar in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
You won't find anything artificial filters in these natural bars: just dried fruit, nuts, and other wholesome ingredients. They're as tasty as they are healthy.
Full Size: 1 full sized bar, 1.6oz ($1.60)
Size Received: 1 mini sized bar, 0.78oz (~$0.78)
I havent been the biggest fan of Larabar's over the year. I hate the cherry flavor, very dry, you taste just the dates, and the organic granola-y of it. But there are some flavors that I love, including the sample that I received. The chocolate chips melted in your mouth, the dough flavor was probably the cashews. Either way it was delicious. 

Do I buy these regularly? Not at all. You ask why? The lack of fiber. When I need fast energy I need at least 10g of fiber. I have to say I like Clif Bars a lot more. 



Birchbox Magnet
No description listed
There was no description or even mention that this was part of the box, which was kind of a nice surprise. It's a flimsy magnet, but it was able to hold up this cute little card I got in the mail today.



Total Value of my January 2012 box:$34.12


What did you think of my box? How did it compare to yours? If you dont get Birchbox, click here to join! Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...