Monday, January 28, 2013

Goodebox: October 2012

The new year brings resolutions, and one of mine is to be a better blogger. Here's to the road ahead!

What is Goodebox?
Goodebox is a monthly subscription service that delivers trial size healthy, eco-conscious, natural beauty and personal care products. Each month you will receive 6 or more products customized for you. The brands and products that Goodebox send out have been thoroughly evaluated upon the brand's use of non-toxic, natural ingredients that respect earth, animals, and humanity. The samples will range from make-up, skincare, body, fragrances, and some lifestyle and wellness products. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked are based on a very detailed, thorough survey that even lets you indicate color preferences, any allergies, vegan, sensitivities, etc. Goodebox costs $16 a month, but the value of your box will be way above!
Click here to join Goodebox.

October 2012, Curated by Todra Payne
The curator this month is Todra Payne, a celebrity makeup artist, that only uses green beauty. What's cool is she uses all the stellar non-toxic, natural products on celebrities and any project she is working on. She also manages www.HealthyBeautyProject.com, which is an educational website about natural and organic cosmetics. 


Information Cards:


Products:
Clairvoyant Beauty: Nourishing Meadowfoam Serum
An emergency serum for super stressed skin in need of an immediate detoxifying boost. Multiple fruit acids blend gently removes dead surface cells and goes deep to nourish developing cells for fast recovery and repair.
Full Size: 1 oz ($69.00)
Size Received: Full-size included! 1 oz ($69.00)
The first Goodebox featured Clairvoyant Beauty, which is where I fell in love with their products. I currently use their Depuffing Eye Gel and Cucumber Toner daily. This serum is made with meadowfoam oil, which is a floral plant oil that is rich in long chains of fatty acid, so it is great as a conditioning agent and emollient. It also is an anti-inflammatory and full of antioxidants to bounce the skin back. It also has rose, aloe vera, and all sorts of fruits. I used it for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised. It seemed really thick, and foamed a bit when I spread it about my hands. But once I applied it (on cleansed/toned skin) it absorbed immediately and my skin felt great. It isnt too heavy, but it feels like it is working harder than my normal moisturizer. I can't believe we got a full-size and so excited that I love it!
Cruelty-free!

Savvy Boheme: Summer in Spain Whipped Cocoa Butter
Exotic blend of organic cocoa and shea butters provide deep nourishment and ignites a sense of wanderlust. It'll take you away!
Full Size: 4 oz ($14.50)
Size Received: 1.0 oz ($3.63)
I wish you could all smell this stuff! Think of one of those chocolate oranges, packed into a cocoa butter. This whipped body butter uses cocoa butter, shea butter, and a mix of natural oils to moisturize your skin decadently. My skin has been so dry it is itching, so Ive been thankful to have this stuff. It almost feels like day old frosting when I first put it on my skin, but then it starts to melt and absorb. The minute I put it on my skin stops tingling and the moisture lasts all day. I actually thought about taking a lick of this stuff, it smells that good. Luckily the website has a warning... I'm glad Im not the only fool who thought about it. This would be a great gift!
Cruelty-free!

Anatomy Naturals: Revitalizing Dead Sea Mud Mask
A refreshing, nutrient-dense, anti-aging treatment made with mineral rich Dead Sea Mud. Hydrates and purifies skin while healing acne, promoting circulation, rejuvenation skin & reducing wrinkles for smooth, youthful, radiant skin!
Full Size: 4 oz ($42.00)
Size Received: 0.5 oz?? ($5.25)
I have a terrible time making masks part of my weekly, even monthly ritual. I generally just throw on a mask once in a blue moon because Im bored and have no idea what to do.But unfortunately it will not be this product which contains yogurt powder. I thought I was supposed to only receive vegan products...
Cruelty-free! (not vegan!)

Sugared Beauty: Happy Face Foaming Scrub Cleanser
Happy Face is Sugared Beauty's best-selling all-in-one face cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer. The original formula is designed for sensitive skin!
Full Size: 2 oz ($10.00)
Size Received: 1 oz ($5.00)
I do not get how this is a best-seller! This cleanser almost looks like a body scrub, but even drier than a rock. I wish I had an ice pick in my shower, because I had to jab and jab to even get a quarter size. It did not foam for me, but instead made my face feel dirty and oily. It is a cleanser made from sugar and coconut and other oils. I like that it has such few ingredients but it just did not work for my skin type.
Cruelty-free!

Eve Organics: Mineral Foundation in Light Neutral
Non-nanoparticle formulations are free of fillers, additives, irritants, dyes, talc & preservatives. Provides full coverage & full spectrum sun protection.
Full Size: 9 g ($26.95)
Size Received: .5 g ?? ($1.50)
I haven't yet get on the mineral foundation/concealer bandwagon. I've tried, but I just haven't mastered the application technique. I looked it up online and it is recommended to use a big kabuki brush and gently sweep from the outside in and then apply mineral concealer with a smaller brush. I may just try it because this foundation looks to be a good match for my skin.
Cruelty-free!

Eve Organics: Mineral Blush in Bliss
A complimentary color for every complexion. Extremely concentrated pigments, so a little goes a long way.
Full Size: 3 g ($14.95)
Size Received: .5 g ?? ($2.49)
I do love myself some mineral blush! I think loose powder blushes apply nicer on my skin. More pigmented and a more even application. Bliss is a matte, warm pink. I love that it really seems like Goodebox listens to my survey, because Eve says that this blush is perfect for those with red undertones. It adds the perfect amount of flush for everyday wear. I really like the color!
Cruelty-free!


Eve Organics: Mineral Setting Powder
A silky blend of the lightest minerals with a pinch of oil absorbing clay to provide a smooth, matte finished look.
Full Size: 5 g ($15.95)
Size Received: .5 g ?? ($1.60)
Living in such a humid city for two years made me fall in love with setting powders. This was the first product I tried from this month's box. The powder is considered to be an invisible setting powder, but I do believe it has some color. I'm not sure if it would look to light on someone with a really dark complexion. For me it did blend seamlessly with my makeup. It is perfect for setting my concealer so that it lasts all day. Im a bigger fan of mineral setting powders that add a little glow, but I still really like this.
Cruelty-free!

Celtic Complexion: Calming Serum
A lightweight hydrating serum designed to reduce redness, inflammation, and congestion associated with acne, rosacea, sunburned, and stressed skin.
Full Size: 1 oz ($60.00)
Size Received: 0.1 oz ? ($6.00)
Celtic Complexion is a line of skincare products meant for those with very dry and sensitive skin. Jennifer Devlin created her products for her own personal use, but ended up marketing them to the public since they worked so well for her she didnt want to keep them a secret. I received a calming serum that contains essential oils and antioxidants that calm sensitive, fragile skin. Not only does it calm but it helps to repair the skin as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I do have very sensitive, red skin in the summer time. So this will be perfect for me before bedtime.
Cruelty-free!

Total value of my October 2012 Goodebox:$94.47
The box itself was a great value! I felt like I got my moneys worth and I felt inclined to try out every product. Not all the products lived up to my hopes, but that is okay. The thing that really sucks is that somehow the Anatomy Naturals product slipped by as vegan. I contacted them and they apologized profusely and offered to mail me a vegan substitute. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again.

What do you think of my October Goodebox? What did you get in yours? Have you tried any of the products I received? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...