Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Birchbox: October 2012

Happy New Year! Catching up, slowly, but surely. 

Don't know what Birchbox is?
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that delivers a little, heavenly box of premium beauty samples to your doorstep. Each month you will receive 4-5 samples (sometimes even full-sized products) and generally a goodie (energy booster, granola bar, etc). The samples range from make-up, polishes, skincare, body, hair, and fragrances. All from luxury, quality brands. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked for you are based on a survey you fill out letting the gals know your style and skin-type. Birchbox costs just $10 a month, and your box will always be valued way above!
Click here to join Birchbox.

October 2012, Box #24
Fall is about transformation. From the trees to halloween costumes. So Birchbox put together a box that would help change up our beauty routines. It could be adding new products, trying new brands, or switching up your skincare regime.

Information Cards:



Products:
Harvey PrinceHello Eau de Parfum
Get a glass half full disposition with this optimistic blend of juicy Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria. 
Full Size: 1.7 oz ($55.00)
Size Received: 0.1 oz ($3.30)
Birchbox has a little love affair with Harvey Prince. This is the 3rd perfume Ive gotten to try. Hello is a light and fresh fruity (lemon, mandarin, and grapefruit), floral (forsythia and plumeria). Its nice, but not really my favorite. I wouldnt pay $55 for it, but its the kind of scent Id get from Bath and Body Works in a body spray. Once Hello settles on my skin, it just smells like I just showered.
Cruelty-free!


Benta BerryG-1 Moisturizing Face Cream
Light but extremely nourishing, this all-natural French moisturizer regulates oil levels and keeps skin matte.
Full Size: 1.0 oz ($22.00)
Size Received: 0.2 oz ($4.40)
I received Benta Berry's cleanser back in my April Birchbox and loved it. A French, organic, cruelty-free company focused on young skin and simple skincare. I saw all the hype for this face cream on birchbox and makeuptalk and super excited. I tried it a few days ago and it applied thick as can be, did not absorb, and just sat on my skin. Once I started applying my makeup the cream rolled up into balls on my skin. Fail! One website said that your moisturizer balling up may mean you need to pat it on or applied too much. But I don't know. Maybe its not for me. Others love it and I already passed it along to someone who loves it.
Cruelty-free!

Mox BotanicalsPomegranate & Fig Lip Butter
Made in Portland, this eco-chic balm revives lips with avocado oil and shea butter.
Full Size: 0.2 oz ($16.00)
Size Received: 0.1 oz ($8.00)
I'm not much for lip balm pots. I hate getting my hands all greasy and much rather would use a stick. I mistakenly assumed that this product would be vegan. I mean Portland, Oregon is the mecca of vegans.  But alas, it is not. I got the reply back after I already tried and loved it. It applied silky smooth without being greasy, and the pomegranate smell is amazing. But it does contain lanolin (wool wax) and beeswax. I did ask if they planned on offering a vegan version and the rep said they will most likely offer vegan options in the future!
Cruelty-free! (product not vegan)

theBalmMary-Lou Manizer
Play up your best features with this three-in-one highlighter, shadow, and all-over shimmer.
Full Size: 8.4 g ($24.00)
Size Received: 1 g ($2.86)
Oh boy, oh boy. We all know that I love Mary-Lou Manizer! See my detailed review here. I think theBalm knocked it out of the park with this highlighter. It compliments multiple shades of skin, adds a natural glow, and is so pigmented that the product will last a lifetime. I have had this product almost a year and it looks like I've barely used it even though I use it every friggin day. I'll gladly take a mini version to travel with.
Cruelty-free!

Luna ProteinChocolate Peanut Butter
We keep these yummy protein-packed bars on hand at all times.
Full Size: 15 bars ($14.95)
Size Received: 1 bar ($0.99)
I'm sort of tired of getting food products in my birchbox. Because almost every single one has dairy in it! So I've been having to give away all of my treats to friends. Not all Luna bars have dairy, so too bad that I just so happened to get one that isn't vegan.
Cruelty-free! (product not vegan)

Total value of my October 2012 Birchbox:$19.55
Some months you find new things you love, other times you get to sample things you already love. I can see why people are saying Birchbox is going downhill. But I'll still stick it out and see what the new year brings about.

What do you think of my October Birchbox? How does it compare to yours?  Let me know in the comments below!
If you don't get Birchbox, click here to join

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...