Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ipsy: April 2013

A day home sick is a perfect day to catch up on tv and blog posts.

Don't know what Ipsy is? Ipsy is a once a month beauty subscription service that delivers premium beauty samples to your door. The creator of Ipsy, Michelle Phan, is a YouTube beauty expert that wants to share her favorite items with the world. The bags are delivered in the cutest reusable beauty bags. Once you join you will take a beauty/preference quiz that will help the girls choose the best products for you. The products range from beauty, skincare, hair, body, nails, and more. Every month you should also expect to receive full-sized products. Ipsy costs $10 a month, and your bag will always be valued above!
Click here to join Ipsy.

April 2013, Pretty in Pink
This month Ipsy is all about pink! Shades of pink and red were everywhere! Good thing I like pink!

Information Card:


Products:
Be a BombshellBlush in Sweet Cheeks
A highly pigmented pressed powder blush that highlights the complexion and provides long lasting color. Can be used both as a blush or a bronzer. 
Full Size: 0.17 oz ($16.00)
Size Received: Full-size received! 0.17 oz ($16.00)
I don't have a go to blush that I use everyday. Normally I'll use one until it runs out or until I get something more exciting. Right now all my attention is on Be a Bombshell's Blush in sweet cheeks. This is described as a medium shimmery, rose. I actually think it is a bit brighter than medium. There is so much shimmer in it that it makes the color a bit brighter and lighter. At first that scared the crap out of me. The swatch I took made it seem like this would look ridiculous on me. But I decided to try it out anyways, and I am so glad I did. This is the perfect blush for summer. I feel brighter and airy when I wear it. My skin glows and this stuff lasts all day. It is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I have gotten compliments on my skin and makeup when I wear this stuff. This is definitely a contender for my everyday blush.
Cruelty-free!

Sexy HairPowder Play
Get ‘POW’ volume in an instant with Sexy Hair's Powder Play! Powder Play adds instant volume to any type of hair style or texture. Weightless, odorless, and colorless! Instantly liquifies when applied and adds volume and texture in seconds. Just sprinkle on dry hair at the root for lift and volume. Apply throughout the hair for extreme volume and texture. 
Full Size: 0.53 oz ($15.95)
Size Received: 0.07 oz ($2.11)
This is a powder voluminizer. It is perfect for thin, fine hair that can't handle crazy gels or thick mousses! You add a little to your roots and  brush through with a round brush. I've heard mixed removes about this product. Some say their hair ends up sticky and gross and others swear by it. I still haven't gotten around to try it, but I am excited to try it. It would be a perfect product to revive second day hair!
Cruelty-free!

SationNail Lacquer in Love At First Byte
Sation Nail Lacquer is a contemporary beauty company, infusing a creative direction in nail care through a blend of lifestyle aesthetics. The collection features 120 colors from its seasonal & limited collections.
Full Size: 0.5 oz ($5.00)
Size Received: Full-size received! 0.5 oz($5.00)
For some reason I pronounce this nail polish Sah-Tee-Own as if I were speaking French. Im pretty sure its just sation, like sensation. Either way this is a line from Miss Professional Nail a 3-Free and Cruelty-free nail polish brand. I received the color Love at First Byte. It is a light peachy pink. I love the color in the bottle, but it applied a bit sheer. It would have taken 3-5 coats to get fully opaque. The formula was extremely awesome to work with, it applied smoothly, almost like a gel formula. If I had the time and patience, I'd definitely reapply this polish. It is classy and good for anytime of the year.
Cruelty-free! 

Two CosmeticsDuo Eyeshadow in Heartache
Two Cosmetics blush pink duo eyeshadow in Heartache is suited for all skin tones & complexions in two finishes. The shimmer side is fabulous for highlighting the brow bone, tear duct or cheeks. The matte side is great for blending, or for use as a blush and is amazing for an all over the lid color. Paraben free and not tested on animals!
Full Size: 0.04 oz ($6.25)
Size Received: Full-size received! 0.04 oz ($6.25)
This product didn't initially excite me too much. But when I looked up the brand I was excited to see that this brand donates a product to a local women's shelter for every product purchased. A 1:1 donation, that's freaking awesome! The shimmer shade is really beautiful, it almost is the same shade as the blush. The company does have products that contain carmine, and I don't doubt this shade (especially the matte) are included. The company is proud that they do not sell in China and are 100% cruelty-free!
Cruelty-free! (May contain carmine)

Total Value of my April 2013 Ipsy bag$29.36
Initially this wasn't my favorite bag. The makeup items are in pretty generic Made in China black makeup compacts, but they ended up impressing me. This was a well rounded bag that had a fun theme.

What do you think of the April Ipsy bag? What was your favorite item? Let me know in the comments below! If you dont get Ipsy and are interested, click here to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...