Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birchbox: March 2013

Summer is officially here! It's a bit too hot today to sit outside, so I don't feel too guilty sitting inside on my computer!

Don't know what Birchbox is?
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that delivers a little, heavenly box of premium beauty samples to your doorstep. Each month you will receive 4-5 samples (sometimes even full-sized products) and generally a goodie (energy booster, granola bar, etc). The samples range from make-up, polishes, skincare, body, hair, and fragrances. All from luxury, quality brands. Every month is a surprise, but the samples picked for you are based on a survey you fill out letting the gals know your style and skin-type. Birchbox costs just $10 a month, and your box will always be valued way above!
Click here to join Birchbox.

March 2013, Box #12
March is time for basketball fanatics to gear up for the National Championship. I spent all March watching game after game hoping my brackets wouldn't get messed up and that my teams would make it all the way. My alma mater (Go Marquette!) gave me a few heart attacks early on, but we ended up going pretty far! And the University of Louisville, the city I now call home, made it all the way to the top! The city was so energerized and proud. It was pretty awesome to be apart of. Birchbox decided to join in the fun and filled the box with products worthy of a spot on the team, newbies to veteran all-stars.

Information Cards:

Products:
Oscar BlandiHair Lift Mousse
Inflate limp locks with this innovative volume-reviving mousse. Made with high-tech ingredients, it amplifies each strand for voluminous hair that looks and feels full of life.
Full Size: 6.3 oz ($23.00)
Size Received: 1.0 oz ($3.65)
I've heard so many good things about Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo that I was super psyched to get this mousse. Half the time hair products I receive in subscription boxes are for thick or curly hair, which I have neither. What I need is a whole lotta lift without weighing it down. This is a perfect find for a big event where I want my hair to have lots of volume. My hair looked like I just left the salon, a perfect blow out. The night I used it, I got so many compliments on my hair! The product did build up a little in my hair, so I wouldn't use it if I knew I wasn't going to shower the next day or my second day hair would look like day three, no bueno.
Cruelty-free!

MAKESatin Finish Eyeshadow in Great Lakes
This new brand's pretty pigments have serious staying power, and we love that one-third of all sales are donated to charity.
Full Size: 0.1 oz ($18.00)
Size Received: 0.03 oz ($5.40)
A brand that donates a third of all sales to charity!? That is pretty sweet. The brand donates to We See Beauty Foundation that helps accelerate women-led, worker-owned cooperatives. It is a great way to empower a community and help drive the local economy.  I received the color Great Lakes which is a silver/grey blue. I didn't find this eyeshadow super pigmented, but it can be applied wet for a more intense color. It is a perfect color for every day wear.
Cruelty-free!

MAKEFace Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pump up your makeup's endurance and protect skin with this two-in-one base and SPF.
Full Size: 1.0 oz ($30.00)
Size Received: 0.18 oz ($5.40)
I love when primers have SPF. My tinted moisturizer has SPF, but because I use a stippling application I dont believe I am getting as much coverage as I should have. This not only has SPF 30 but also has light-diffusing microspheres to make your application seems airbrushed and soft. Plus it fills in fine lines and wrinkles, has vitamin E and squalene to moisturize and protect against environmental damage. It smells and applies like a sunscreen which made me nervous, but it did dry nicely and didn't leave my skin looking greasy. I'm not sure I really have an opinion on it, it worked, but I wasn't blown away by it.
Cruelty-free!

WhishShave Crave Shaving Cream
The organic shea butter in this foam-free shaving cream makes for an insanely close shave and leaves skin incredibly soft. We love the exclusive blueberry scent.
Full Size: 5.0 oz ($20.00)
Size Received: 0.75 oz ($3.00)
When I opened my box all I could smell was a sickly sweet sugar smell. It turns out it is this shaving cream. Whish was created when the creator used her husband's shaving cream. She felt she had had the closest and smoothest shave of her life, but she smelled like a man. Her husband decided to make her wish come true and set out to make an all-natural, chemical-free version for her. I confirmed with the company that all products are vegan and cruelty-free! The product is a non-foaming cream that moisturizes with squalene (vegetable derived), organic shea butter, and organic raspberry butter. It smooths your skin with organic green tea and coconut oil and nourish with jojoba seed oil. The smell is a bit intense, but it does give a very smooth and long lasting shave. And my legs feel so moisturized and soft for days.
Cruelty-free!

Madewell: Nail Emery Board
We teamed up with Madwell to create this adorable mini savior, patterned after a print from their new spring collection.
Full Size: 1 emory board ($5.00)
Size Received: 1 emory board ($5.00)
This is probably one of my favorite things in this box. Seems silly, but this emery board is best one I currently own. Some kind of rip my nails in layers instead of smoothing. This smooths, isn't too rough, and of course is the cuttest pattern.

Total value of my March 2013 Birchbox:$22.45
I think Birchbox is starting to step up their game. This was an all around awesome box.

What do you think of my March Birchbox? How does it compare to yours? Let me know in the comments below!
If you don't get Birchbox, click here to join

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...